Pages

16 December 2013

My Pinterest Project

How boring am I? I'm living in one of the most naturally beautiful places on earth, having my own little adventure, spending every day with a little one-year-old bundle of mischief, and what do I decide to write about? Pinterest.

Something's wrong with this picture....

But seriously, I do have a project I've been working on for a little while now. Every once in a while I tend to go overboard when it comes to my interests. That's the reason I have so many wallpapers on my phone, and it's the reason I have so many recipes to try on Pinterest. So I thought, "why not put all of my Pinterest recipes in one place, so I can have easy access to them, and look them up by ingredient, or by prep time, or whatever?" Well, it was a good plan in theory, but I wasn't really able to find exactly what I was looking for - a centralized (online or software) database that I could create for my recipes. No frills necessary, just a place I could input all these recipes. I ended up using good ol' Microsoft Word. I feel so old school....

Anyway, I say all of that by way of introduction. What I really want to do is try all of these recipes. That's the end goal. And hopefully before too long I'll be able to do just that.

My plan is, every time I try a new "Pinterest" recipe (i.e. a recipe I found on Pinterest), to write a post about it. I'm not a food critic by any means, and this is not going to become a food blog. But since this is a big project for me, I wanted to introduce it before jumping in. I will not be posting any recipes on my blog directly, but any time I try a specific one, I plan to link to the original (or the one I used). What I want to write about is what I thought of the recipe, whether or not I liked it, whether or not I would change anything, whether it was easy or hard, etc. You know, that sort of thing. I may or may not post pictures. Hopefully this will be a fun project that people might even enjoy reading about as much as I enjoy trying the food!

And since I'm terrible about blogging regularly, hopefully this will help me get my butt in gear and blog more often. Cheers! Or, as they like to say here, "Sweet As!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

allreceipies.com is a helpful place to start. you can blog comments from every recipe you try and make them into interest buttons.
Hope you are doing well! Put your xmas card in the mail today, hopefully it reaches you before New Year :)
- Mary

Gwyn said...

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Mary - I'll have to check that out! We'll be looking forward to getting your card, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you keep writing!