Pages

10 October 2005

First day of school! First day of school!

So, today it was back to the grind. :) Actually, I'm really excited about the possibilities for this year. I had a good class today, and so far only one near-proposal. ;) (that's a joke for those of you who don't know me so well) It was so great to see some of my old students. I didn't realize how much I'd missed them until I got to see them again. Yesterday (Sun.) I got to meet some of the new foreign teachers in town, and right now I'm using one of their computers (since the one at the school is La Brea tar pits-slow and I didn't have that kind of patience this morning). The new teachers are just great, and I'm really looking forward to interacting with them and having some more female companionship.

I'm teaching fewer hours this semester, which I don't mind in the least. I'm only teaching 12 (6 classes) but making up for it with more office hours, which I also don't mind since that's where more of the real learning/improvement comes from. This morning I only had one class, and so far it's pretty good. They're active and they all want to talk, which is good, and I'm trying to get into the "serious" mindset so they know not to push too many buttons. :) I think it'll be a good year. They also liked to joke around and their comprehension of what I was saying (and the jokes I made) was really good. So we'll see how it goes.... :)

1 comment:

Tory said...

Gwyn!

How are you? This is Tory writing! Wow, I can't believe your back in China! Good luck there. Drop me an email if you get a spare moment- I won't be disappointed if you don't. I'm sure you're really busy there!

I'll pray for you.

Tory