Pages

11 June 2007

Computer Whiz

I, um, had to take apart my computer last night.

So, Monday night I went to turn on my computer. While it was booting up, I got up to turn on the light. Now, please don't say 'I told you so', because I really do know better, but I had left my computer on this stool where I often put it when I am sitting on my couch. Anyway, after I turned on the light I turned around and tripped on the cords, knocking my wonderful computer onto the floor. I should've taken better care of it....sniff.....

Anyway, now it won't turn on. At all. I'm so peeved at myself for leaving it in a place where it could so easily fall off!! Hopefully it just knocked a wire loose or something (rather than actually damaging the motherboard and whatnot). I called my Dad, and he talked me through taking it apart to look at the innards to see if anything was noticeably amiss (I said I felt like a surgeon who'd never been to med school). To my untrained eye everything looked okay, but then you can only see so much anyway. Well, we'll have to see what happened. My klutziness could've just cost me a brand-spankin-new computer.

Grr. Argh.

2 comments:

petite américaine said...

Oh no!! Will be praying!

petite américaine said...

I just found out Andy is thinking about selling his PowerBook & maybe an iPod. Should I ask his selling price or are you going to be able to fix it? :(