Pages

26 March 2007

...and now back to our program

Chinese New Year (Beginning of Spring Festival): Feb. 18, 2007
Lantern Festival (End of Spring Festival): March 4, 2007

I spent a few days during Spring Festival with a friend of mine (Tina) in Qingdao, a port city in my little province of Shandong. Qingdao is a pretty well-known city in China. It was invaded by both Germans and Japanese, and there is a lot of European architecture throughout the city. It's also on the sea, which I've discovered quite a fondness for.

So here are some pictures! :)



1.) City Street looking up towards St. Michael's Catholic Church



2.) Zhanqiao - a big, famous bridge on the beach where the Germans stormed the city



3.) My friends' parents in her home, where I stayed - my 'nth' set of Chinese parents



4.) Golden Sand Beach - notice the lack of people....I thought we were in China...??? :)
Beautiful.....the Beautiful Sea......



5.) Symbol of Qingdao - "The Wind of May" (something like that) in the main city square



6.) My friend Tina and me in front of the sculpture



7.) Famous little area of the city with lots and lots of European-style buildings. We actually went inside this mansion. This is where I want to live if I move to China permanently. :)



8.) St. Michael's Catholic Church....VERY German, ja?



Again, me at the Sea..... (sigh)

No comments: