Pages

28 March 2007

I love my girls!

DAD has blessed me a lot recently. Last week I met with some of my girls. They are new believers, and we hadn’t seen each other very much since getting back from the vacation. So I asked them if they had been reading over the break, and if they had learned anything. Well, it’s funny how you can be surprised by people. One of our original skeptics has really become dedicated to reading the Word. She finished what I had asked them to read, and started reading some other books on her own. The others had been reading some too, and we all shared some things. One of the girls (she’s really sweet!) said that what she learned over the break was about fellowship and being encouraged, because she went through a difficult time and didn’t have anyone to encourage her. That was a good lesson for all of them about how important fellowship is.

In hearing them all share, I was aware that I was also being encouraged. I often feel like I’m kind of an island unto myself here, being one of the few foreigners, and one of the even fewer foreign believers in this town. It was a great reminder to me of how precious these girls are, and how God can use them to bless me and encourage me as well.

1 comment:

petite américaine said...

Hurray!!

Thanks for sharing...can't wait to hear more stories when you get back. I so often find myself wishing I could be there w/ you from time to time to love, support, and help disciple. I love discipling; I'm finding it's a passion with me.

Didn't know that, did ya? ;)

And, as always...miss you.